Higher Points for Bundles

Higher Points for Bundles

Home Page Forums General Chat Higher Points for Bundles

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of StilesGirl StilesGirl 2 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Arty

Arty

said

Is it possible to allow uploaders assign a higher cost of points for Bundles? Because downloading individual items that are normally in a bundle is tedious and time consuming. Quite frankly, it sucks especially when this site isn’t the fastest. I rather just pay more points all at once for a bundle.

January 11, 2017 at 2:52 pm
Profile photo of Kooroe

Kooroe

said

This is a bad idea. There is a set point amount for a reason.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 19 hours ago by Profile photo of Kooroe Kooroe.
January 11, 2017 at 5:18 pm
Profile photo of charite

charite

said

It would be nice to keep the bundles together, but I don’t think that the system can handle assigned prices.

January 11, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Profile photo of eelgoo

eelgoo

said

I think that would make things unneccesarily complicated.
IMO the points system often gets in the way of the sharing.

:0/

January 11, 2017 at 5:39 pm
Profile photo of Joseph Lemons

Joseph Lemons

said

I completely aggree with what eelgoo said, and upping the points amount for bundles would make things worse. People have seemed to be fine with how the points system is working right now, while in the spirit of sharing and making artwork, I think it should be removed however that is not my call and everything seems to be working right now so lets not mess it up

January 11, 2017 at 8:33 pm
Profile photo of wolfenspiel

wolfenspiel

said

I don’t understand the mentality, myself, of posting individual items over a bundle. A bundle will always get more traffic than an individual item. Most things like Characters and such, we already know from DAZ where a lot of people get info, that these things come in bundles, that these bundles include one or two sets of poses, an outfit, maybe a hair item, and a main character. When somebody comes here or elsewhere, and posts these items individually, it’s like they’re trying to hog points….and it’s STUPID, because the person that comes here and posts the entire bundle together will be the one who gets all the download traffic, and therefore all the points-per-download. Not to mention, even if “re-packed”, all it takes is one enterprising person to spend a few of his points downloading those individual packages, and then upload them together AS said bundle, and maybe even on the same day…and really, there isn’t anything stopping anyone from doing that.

I prefer bundles myself, because a lot of times, there’s a “decent” item, but then later somebody or other creates a ton of add-on’s and textures, but it’s posted or advertised so far down the line I don’t even know if I have the original item. Then I have to search my inventory, and if I don’t, I have to search the site, and then sometimes several sites, to try to locate that item. I’ve learned the hard way to look for bundles FIRST, because sometimes people lazily just post the texture packs, but NOBODY has the item necessary in order to use them.

Bundles just…make more sense to me is all.

January 11, 2017 at 10:05 pm
Profile photo of Kooroe

Kooroe

said

I don’t download items that have been split from bundles. Not worth my time to hunt down all the items in a bundle. When you know someone will post the bundle later.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 19 hours ago by Profile photo of Kooroe Kooroe.
January 13, 2017 at 5:39 pm
Profile photo of SparklePants

SparklePants

said

I know that this sounds weird but…as someone who has a very difficult time being able to afford $10 DAZ products…and struggles to maintain the bills–I would very much like it if bundles were NOT more than usual products.

I have been donating money to this site when I can–$2 is A LOT more affordable for me right now, 50 points each for a download…I also feel that awarding points for posts, contributions, downloads, views and comments is an amazing way for poor as f#*$ artists (financial issues) like myself to be able to make art.

Any, TOO LONG DIDN’T READ: plz no. Keep points for files as is. I can actually AFFORD to support this site, and I desperately want to keep it that way.

January 14, 2017 at 4:38 am
Profile photo of StilesGirl

StilesGirl

said

I’m with SparklePants, I’m on SSI due to mental and physical disability’s and can hardly afford to pay my bills, and $10 for daz items is pushing affordability for me. I donated for the first time tonight because I found several things I’ve had on my wish lists for years, and splitting bundles for more points would kill me

January 14, 2017 at 5:01 am
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2013 ZoneGfx. All rights reserved.                                                            Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest