Contest with a Twist (read rules)

Contest with a Twist (read rules)

Home Page Forums General Chat Contest with a Twist (read rules)

This topic contains 58 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rob Rob 14 hours, 46 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Rob

Rob

said

Happy New Year, all!

I’d like to throw my hat into the contest hosting ring. The theme for this contest will be “Fanart”.

The objective is simple. Create your art based on any character or entertainment medium that interests you. Your fanart submission can be based on anything (examples: Star Wars, Marvel, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, etc, etc). You choose!

No freebie will be required for use with this contest. The competition will be closed for submissions on January 19th at Midnight GMT. At contest closing, a new voting thread will be opened and you, the members of ZoneGFX, will post your vote for 1st Place, 2nd Place, and 3rd Place on the thread. Voting will close on January 23rd and the winners announced shortly after.

Prizes for this contest are as follows:
14,000 points for 1st place
7,000 points for 2nd place
3,500 points for 3rd place
200 points for participating
Anyone is welcome to donate points. PM me if you are interested.

Now for the TWIST!

This will be the first ever ZoneGFX Blind Contest. This means that you will not know who you are voting for. Keep reading for clarification.

Rules for this contest will be the same as any other with regard to nudity, violence, gore, or inappropriate themes. Additional rules are as follows:

DO NOT POST YOUR ART SUBMISSION TO THIS THREAD! Doing so will result in the art being disqualified from the contest. Posting the art in any of the Artist Showcase forums or anywhere else on the site will also result in disqualification. (The art will be disqualified, but the artist will still be given the opportunity to enter another submission as long as it is completely different than the disqualified entry)

To submit your entry into the contest, you must PM the image link to me at @robf4g210 and I will repost it to this thread using my user account. I will make sure to indicate that the artwork is a contest entry and is not my artwork so as not to confuse new members or members unaware of the contest into thinking that I am taking credit for your work.

Only one entry per contestant.

Giving your entry a title is mandatory, since that will be the only way to identify your work for voting purposes.

When the results of the voting are posted, all artwork will be reposted with credit given to the artist, win or lose.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing your entries!

@1rai @3dangel @3demon @akamar @aldoraine @aslag @audreylynn @benjou @brantop @charite @coolcat @cruizeez94 @dakaron @dave4567 @digitalzombie @dima66 @dinksondan22 @divan @dmjr @drphibes @dreamslayer @dvlman @ed113067 @edheim @eeeooo @eelgoo @eirc-elziere @evilmonkey @excel @falco @geeko39 @genericoffset @griyar @harveymac1 @hellfya @hendronix @hocko @hunter @irsnout @jackdwaz21 @joaline1985 @jojo8026 @jurbano @kendrad @kooroe @lilithsynd @littlesparrows @lunna @mars @masha @mellowdb @miarka @mikel4 @monkseye @mysticfortune @nobdy @norbertz @onkelshield @oriencois @para @phil @phoernik @picaya @pixels @polly @raven77 @refat @robf4g210 @sakusennin @samuraismiles @sc0rp9 @scisco @scs1 @sgonzales @shadowtek @shayr @spocksbeard1701 @starryeyes @stilesgirl @superxtramp @sweetspell @tagore @theweezel @tomdooley @tomsk @virtualtiger @whyme @wolfman74

January 2, 2018 at 4:31 pm
Profile photo of EvilMonkey

EvilMonkey

said

This will be the first ever ZoneGFX Blind Contest.

Now that’s pretty interesting.

January 2, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Profile photo of Mystic Fortune

Mystic Fortune

said

*Makes a note to leave off his signature*

I suppose that would sort of defeat the purpose of a blind contest. Then again, I have a certain ‘style’ so I have to wonder if even submitted blindly if people won’t look at it and say, “Okay, that one was clearly done by Mystic Fortune”.

January 2, 2018 at 7:45 pm
Profile photo of Rob

Rob

said

I figure the speculation on who submits what will add to the fun. Many of the artists here have styles that can be quickly recognizable, but I still expect some surprises when it’s all said and done.

@mysticfortune, if you would like to send me a second image with your signature included, I can make sure to reveal that version on “results day”.

January 2, 2018 at 8:06 pm

EvilMonkey

said

@mysticfortune, I was thinking that if I saw a few peoples submissions (yourself and @miarka amongst them) I might be able to tell whose it was but that’s the fun isn’t it? And maybe even a chance to try something new and still see if your vision shows through?

January 2, 2018 at 9:26 pm
Profile photo of Herecles

Herecles

said

Who is this Rob?….not only is he getting your artwork but also your IP Address too.
Some will not be bothered, but other’s need to be warned.

One thing we do know about him…..he’s a bit tight with his participation points.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Herecles Herecles.
January 2, 2018 at 9:55 pm
Profile photo of Rob

Rob

said

@hawkeye, participation is entirely voluntary. You don’t have to enter.

To all, allow me to be more specific with the procedure. If you pm me the Imgur link, I’ll be able to download it and repost it. If one were able to pilfer an IP address this way, they are way more savvy than I am. As far as I know, there is no difference with sending an imgur link to someone’s pm than there is to posting a link in the forums.

Seriously, if someone on this site wanted your artwork for their own gain, they would get it one way or the other. One would not need to request that it be sent privately.

January 2, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Profile photo of Rob

Rob

said

Thanks to the generosity of @monkseye, the pot is now:

1st Place: 20,000 points
2nd place: 12,000 points
3rd place: 7,000 points

Thanks, Monk!

January 2, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Profile photo of Aftyr Byrn

Aftyr Byrn

said

If @monkseye backed the contest, good enough for me. If getting your IP is an issue, you need better end point security. Lol.

January 2, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Profile photo of Rob

Rob

said

Consider the source regarding the negativity. I have no intent of ill will toward anyone in this community. I’ve participated in every contest since I joined the Zone and all I want is to give back with what I feel is a somewhat creative idea.i appreciate the positive feedback from MOST of you.

January 3, 2018 at 12:14 am

EvilMonkey

said

And Rob will be handing out his own IP address as a sign of goodwill. 😛 [jk]

January 3, 2018 at 12:40 am
Profile photo of Dragon

Dragon

said

I like the blind contest idea. Seems like people vote for their favorite ‘people’ and not the art itself, in a lot of contests.

Rob has been around long enough. He’s always entering contests. And 200 is better than Zero. Participation points don’t have to be given at all, so I think its very generous.

January 3, 2018 at 12:42 am
Profile photo of coolcat

coolcat

said

Sounds like a cool contest Rob count me in or when I hand in some work any ways 🙂

January 3, 2018 at 1:01 am
Profile photo of silverboaX

silverboaX

said

I agree, most of the contests I’m astounded at what wins over what. Ignoring my own stuff, there’s usually 2 or three things I think are super cool or technical well done, then the winners are a bunch of bland, muddy, confusing pieces that barely fit the parameters of the contest…. unless its the tits, things with tits seem to win a lot.

January 3, 2018 at 2:34 am
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2013 ZoneGfx. All rights reserved.                                                            Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest