Another download site.

Home Page Forums Free Resources Another download site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Ethiopia
    Participant

I've just been introduced to https://shadowcore.ru/ for content downloads. It uses Mega (good) but one has to go through the Google catchpa to get them (bad). I haven't looked much further at it and it may be that if one joins up, the catchpa will disappear. I'm crazy busy right now and will play more with it soon.
    I'm hoping this place has 'honest' intentions as more places spreading the wealth is good.
    Eeyopia.

AndyMc4
    Participant

An excellent find!

It looks like the admins are quick off the mark and keeping the site current as new stuff escapes into the wild. I saw a lot of the G3/"modern" stuff that I saw for the first time posted here today (I'm not going to get into who had it first or a "they're criminals who are stealing our stuff" BS discussion)

I tried two downloads just to give it a quick test. The captcha is a minor nuisance in my opinion. The potentially bigger issue is that downloads redirect to a link shortener that I recognize from experience as one that can be a total PITA. That said, I seemed to get through it to the Mega download page in both of my tests, so maybe nothing to worry about, or maybe an ad blocker is all that is needed.

If it works as well as it seems, its a worthwhile addition to our arsenal.

Ethiopia
    Participant

Did you try joining? I'm going to run it through G'le translate tomorrow and see what happens. All these Russian/Czech sites are proving to be a Cowsend.

AndyMc4
    Participant

No, I didn't try to join. No real reason why not, I was playing with it just before dinner and got as far as I got before it was time to eat

EvilMonkey
    Participant

It might be "another" download site but I think they are using our download links. I checked on two products I reupped recently as I have a particular file format I use and they matched, I then opened my mediafire account and the link they use is my link. So (I'm assuming) all they are doing is indexing other peoples links to profit from any popups/traffic.

If you've shared anything here recently, check it on that site and compare the download link with your link.

Ethiopia
    Participant

That's downright sleazy. Is there a way to stop that? I seem to remember this coming up before with another shitbag site simply using our links.

jason david
    Participant

maybe use passworded archives

Ethiopia
    Participant

I remember (finally) asking Mega if downloads could be restricted to referrals from certain domains only (like this one). They replied that this was not possible with the software they where using.
    I feel that passwords would be simply copied by whomever is making the links. I don't imagine that it's more than one or two people capitalizing on our success
    (Ironic isn't it).
    We might try putting our logo and address on each picture AND including a text file and link to this place in each download. It would give us advertising if the sleazebag didn't bother removing them, or make his job harder by forcing him to open each archive and delete them, then grab a new picture from the manufacturer's site.

aslag
    Participant

Guys, one thing I'd like to point out. We're pirates. As much as I'd like them to use their own links. We can't hoist the black flag and then cry foul on them for essentially doing the same thing.

eelgoo

Agreed. 🙂

EvilMonkey
    Participant

Agreed, I'm all for sharing and I've been a part of the electronic high seas for a long time now. I do take umbrage that I'm sharing on a particular site, host the product and then someone uses my link host to shore up their own website without even a please and thank-you. Personally I'd like to see the ability to edit our posts implemented on this site so I can update things or just correct something that's wrong and in the case of seeing someone using my link, change the download link on our page.

Pirating is all well and good but at least steal the product and hide it away on your own host, don't just leech off others.

Other than that it's actually a nice looking site.

Meriel
    Participant

Well I only post to this site yet all of my stuff ends up on all the other sites as well, and the stuff I give others to post here. It's just how it is. All these sites will take from one another, short of making pay sites where you have to pay to download that will not be prevented and then I imagine it still happens. We are all part of the 'problem' so best just to ignore it. On the other hand if one site gets taken down at least there are others that can be caches I guess!

The King
    Participant

While you are right that we are pirates. You do know that real pirates killed each other and stole their stuff all the time.

Ethiopia
    Participant

They problem is that they're using OUR links and Mega bandwidth. The other sites (even Phuogndzu) put the files on their own hosts, which is fine since redundancy is good. EvilMonkey's suggestion is the best idea yet.

silverboaX
    Participant

I'm in the 'its piracy either way, there's no moral high ground' camp. Much as it surprises me I prefer zonegfx token system (even though i'm new and have none 😀 ) to shadowcores bitcoin mining nonsense... I can't get behind a site that triggers my virus checker on every page click.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like