Blacksmith3D Standard 184.108.40.206 + Portable
**PLEASE NOTE: The Standard version 6 does not include Texture Transformer. Texture Transformer can be purchased separately as a stand alone software product.**
NEW PAYMENT OPTION FOR PRO: Now you can go PRO with a Pay-As-You-Go monthly subscription for only $8.95 a month and $5.95 setup fee. See all the subscription details at https://www.blacksmith3d.com/mod/bsmith3dreg/subscribe.php.
Version 7 available now.
Trial Versions can be downloaded at:
For Windows: http://blacksmith3d.com/files/Blacksmith3D-v220.127.116.11-Win.zip
For MAC: http://blacksmith3d.com/files/Blacksmith3D-v18.104.22.168-Mac.zip
Designed for professional artists and novices, Blacksmith3D provides artists with easy-to-use tools to achieve precision, realistic and natural effects, and to create high-quality art. 3D artists who are using popular modeling, animation and rendering packages find it very simple to integrate Blacksmith3D in their pipeline to enhance the quality of their art in a short period of time. 2D artists, who are looking to experiment with 3D software, find Blacksmith3D very intuitive, as it has a standard 2D paint application look and feel.
• High-resolution texture painting – (utilizing 64-bit technology) System RAM and CPU power are the only limiting factors. In other words, it does not depend on your 3D video card capabilities.
• Stacked Image Layers – just like your favorite 2D paint application! Create any number of layers, change the blending modes and strengths for ultimate texture compositions.
• Chisel Deformers – sculpt your models on the fly using Blacksmith3D’s powerful new chisel deformers. Just like paint brushes, you can apply swift strokes in the viewport to bulge, smooth, flatten, sharpen and contour details that you never thought were possible. The Contour chisel is especially powerful, as it allows you to simply draw curves on the surface, automatically pulling in the surrounding vertices, creating detail where it was previously not possible.
• Real-time displacement/bump map painting and rendering. Paint directly on the displacement and/or bump maps and see the result in real time. What you see is what you get, since there is no need to bake your maps. Every brush stroke is immediately applied to the maps.
• Auto-UV Mapping – use the Paint Setup Wizard to auto-UV just about any object file with a single click. Ideally used with high-resolution textures and with renderers that do not blur or rescale the textures to preserve the texture around the UV seams.
• Presets – Store tools, viewports and brush tiling as presets for rapid reuse during projects.
• Custom Hotkeys – simply right click on most interface elements to bind them to a hotkey on-the-fly.
The 3D Painting is fully loaded with features to give the artist precision, power, and sophisticated drawing and detailing tools. Unlike any other 3D painting or 3D morphing solution, Blacksmith3D offers direct integration with Poser and DazStudio products with the OBJ/CR2 import/export and the PP2 and DUF file import abilities along with its MAT and MOR exporting capabilities.
The morphing tools feature a set of Chisel & Hammer tools, which allows the artist to sculpt fine detail or make big changes. Optimized to work with existing model topology, these tools enable the artist to carve details where it was previously not possible with simple brush strokes. For example, the Contour Chisel allows the artist to simply draw curves and the model’s surface conforms to that shape. Carve new detail where you never thought possible. This whole new class of tools makes Blacksmith3D a massively powerful and intuitive morphing solution. Blacksmith3D’s morphing functionality utilizes Soft Selections allowing you to deform objects in a very intuitive way. The hotter portions of the object deform the most and the cooler parts deform the least. In this way, you can easily create smooth and continuous morphs, with little effort.
Have a background object that needs texturing? Hate UV mapping. use the “Paint Setup Wizard” to automatically UV map the object with the click of a button, paint a quick texture and drop it into your scene. This entire process can be done in under 2 minutes ( see tutorial videos )! Don’t waste time manually UV mapping background objects and props. Click a button and keep going!
Prefer to paint in Photoshop or GIMP, but want true 3D painting capabilities? Use the “Projection Brush” to create high resolution “snapshots” and paint directly on them in your 2D application of choice. Reload the snapshot into Blacksmith3D and apply the changes. Works across UV seams and map boundaries naturally!
Blacksmith3D is compatible with 3D Studio Max, Maya, Lightwave, Cinema 4D, Photoshop, Poser, Daz Studio, or any applications that can import and export .obj files and use standard texture maps (jpg, png, etc.).
Minimum recommended operating systems are;
– Windows XP (Yes, the software is Vista, Windows 7 and 8 compatible, 32 & 64 bit )
– Mac OS 10.6, 64 bit. Mac OS 10.5 (or less) is NOT supported
This is a general guideline for the minimum hardware requirements. The true requirements will depend upon the nature of your projects (low vs. high-resolution models and maps) and your personal expectations as far as performance is concerned.
– Open GL 1.1 compatible video card (most modern NVidia, ATI, and Intel GPUs supported.)
– Drawing Tablet support (optional)
– Optimized for Multi-Core Processors (Sweet!)
– Minimum 1 GHz CPU recommended
– 2 GB RAM for low res or slow projects, 8GB RAM or more recommended is recommended for editing high-resolution texture maps (e.g. 4000×4000) and for optimal performance.
For education and product support, we have video tutorials available at https://www.youtube.com/user/blacksmith3D and an official Blacksmith3D forum at http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showforum.php?forum_id=12459.